Saturday, April 26, 2014

Welcome to my new blog! This is exciting because I love to write! My first post is about My Circle of Life. I hope that you like it and will share it with your friends and family

When I moved from a supported living community to my own apartment, I had many struggles to get myself where I am now. I had to face my fears of living on my own. Part of me thought that I wasn’t ready but I had to try a new way to keep me learning and inspired and to lift my spirit. To keep myself positive, I focused on the positives. I faced my fears and now I am able to be more of myself.  And it was better than I thought it might be. I kept some of my old connections to friends and added some new connections.  I still have my important friends and I have new friends now too, like a new community that I am an important part of. I still work for the bookshop that sells my books and cards where I still learn new things. Sometimes facing the challenges of new things is hard for me, but I have been learning to use positive thinking methods to achieve my goals. The important thing is that I am willing to keep myself growing and growing and to keep myself happy inside and out. I am still learning more and more about myself. Being in the Kiwanis club where I live is helping me to be a good member of my community and to reach out to help othere. Being in Special Olympics has taught me how to be a good team player. My new life is like almost like a basketball team, where there is lots of support. I am creating a life the way I want it to be….a new circle of life.   

4 comments:

  1. Well said, as always, Cynthia! You are a great contributor to the organizations you belong to and the teams you are on. Good luck competing in the Shot Put and 100 meter run next Saturday, May 3rd at the Special Olympics Track & Field competition at Barnstable High. Coach Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,
    This is awesome! Good luck on your new blog, and most of all... Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck next weekend, Salty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia, it is wonderful to see yet another outlet for your voice and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete